Chicken Breast with Spinach and Quick Potato Gratin
|400 g||baby spinach|
|800 g||floury potatoes|
|100 ml||heavy cream|
|30 g||Parmesan cheese (grated)|
|50 g||smoked bacon|
|olive oil for frying|
- First, prepare the potato gratin. Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F. Wash and finely slice the unpeeled potatoes. If desired, you can peel the potatoes before slicing. Put the potato slices in a pot of salty, boiling water and simmer for approx. 5 min.
- Peel and finely dice the onions. Sauté in some olive oil, and add the crushed stock cube, some salt and pepper and fry until golden brown.
- Drain the potatoes, then add to the onion together with the heavy cream. Bring to a boil, then add the mixture to an ovenproof baking dish. Generously sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 180°C/360°F for approx. 15 min. or until the gratin looks nice and golden brown.
- While it’s baking, prepare the chicken. Flatten chicken breasts to 1.5-cm/0.5-in. thick. Season with salt, pepper, and rub with fresh rosemary. Then fry on each side in some olive oil for approx. 2 – 3 min. until golden brown and cooked through. Chop smoked bacon. Add to the pan and fry briefly.
- Chop garlic. Wash leek, cut lengthwise, and finely slice. Sauté in a pot with some olive oil on high heat, then add the baby spinach. Season with salt, pepper, and add garlic. When spinach is wilted, it’s ready to serve. Bon appétit!
Recipe: Kitchen Stories