Grilled Spiced Cauliflower
For the Spice Mixture:
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed of green leaves and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
For the Spice Mixture: In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- For the Cauliflower: Brush cauliflower all over with oil and season liberally with spice mixture.
- Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Place cauliflower on hot side of grill and cook, turning, until it is charred in spots on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Move cauliflower to cool side of the grill, cover, and continue to cook until tender throughout, 10-15 minutes longer.
- Transfer cauliflower to a plate, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
Recipe: Serious Eats