Mediterranean Roasted Broccoli and Tomatoes
- around 4 cup, or 12 oz, broccoli crowns, trimmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 cup small tomatoes
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 10 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp capers, rinsed (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss broccoli, tomatoes, oil, garlic and salt in a large bowl until evenly coated, and spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake until the broccoli begins to brown, 10 to 13 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine lemon zest and juice, olives, oregano and capers (if using) in a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables; stir to combine. Serve warm.