Beet, Cucumber and Radish Salad with Basil Pesto Vinaigrette.
- 1 lb. fresh beets, trimmed (do not peel), about 3-4 medium
- 8–10 medium/large radishes, julienned, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, julienned, about 1 cup
- salt and pepper
BASIL PESTO VINAIGRETTE
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped almonds
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Place trimmed beets in a medium saucepan; cover with water and cook over medium/low heat until knife tender, about 20-25 minutes. Cool completely. Peel the beets and cut into matchsticks.
- Toss the beets, radishes, and cucumber with the basil vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe “Little Broken”