Thai Crunch Salad
- 2 1/2 cups English cucumbers, thinly sliced and halved or quartered
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small head Napa cabbage (about 2 – 3 cups), sliced
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, sliced
- handful peanuts or cashews, for garnish
- handful cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
Citrus Peanut Dressing
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, lime juice or lemon juice, + more as needed
- 3 tablespoons raw or natural peanut butter (almond or cashew butter is great too)
- 1 tablespoon tamari, coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- pinch of red pepper flakes or 1/2 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- Make the dressing: To make Thai peanut dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, citrus juice, tamari, ginger, garlic, and pure maple syrup, set aside to allow the flavors to come together. Taste for flavor before adding it to the salad, adding anything extra you find it may need. For a thinner dressing add 1 or 2 tablespoons citrus juice or water. For a thicker dressing, add a tad bit more nut butter.
- Prep the produce: Prep the cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers and green onions.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl combine the cucumbers, carrots, bell pepper, scallions, cabbages, and nuts. Pour the peanut dressing overtop and toss well.
Serve in individual bowls with extra nuts and optional cilantro for garnish.
Recipe: The Simple Veganista