Roasted Squash and Carrots with Chestnuts and Sage
- 550g carrots, trimmed, peeled and quartered lengthways
- 650g peeled and deseeded butternut squash, cut into 2.5cm wedges
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ heaped tsp cumin seeds
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 150g peeled and cooked chestnuts, chopped
- 5g sage leaves (about 18 leaves)
- 20g butter, chopped
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Arrange the carrots and squash in a large shallow roasting tin in a single layer.
- Mix together the oil, honey, garlic, cumin and lemon juice and pour over the veg. Season and toss to coat.
- Roast for 25 mins, stirring halfway. Add the chestnuts, sage leaves and butter. Roast for 10-15 mins or until the carrots are tender.
Recipe Tesco Real Food