Warm Carrot Salad
|100 g||purple carrots|
|100 g||yellow carrots|
|50 ml||sesame oil|
|1 tbsp||ras el hanout|
|2 tbsp||sesame seeds|
|5 tsp||coriander seeds|
|120 ml||white balsamic vinegar|
|60 ml||carrot juice|
|100 ml||vegetable oil|
|100 g||cream cheese|
|2 tbsp||dried cranberries|
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F. Slice shallots and set aside. Wash and peel carrots. Cut most of the orange carrots into thicker strips, then use a peeler to peel the remaining carrots into very thin strips and set aside.
- Transfer thickly sliced orange carrots with sesame oil, ras el hanout, honey, and salt to a baking dish. Toss to combine and roast for approx. 20 – 30 min. at 160°C/320°F.
- Toast sesame seeds in a small pan and set aside, then toast coriander seeds.
- Use a hand mixer to blend shallots, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt, carrot juice, coriander seeds, and vegetable oil. Strain through a fine sieve set over a bowl, then mix thin, raw carrot strips with the dressing.
- Spread roasted carrots on a large plate. Use tweezers to swirl the raw carrot strips into rosette shapes on top. Spoon cream cheese in dollops all over, then garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, and cranberries. Enjoy!
From Kitchen Stories