Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti Bake
- 2 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Basil for garnish, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook pasta according package directions. Once done, drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large oven safe pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and onions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- While onions are cooking, spiralize the zucchini (or cut in thin strips if you don’t have a spiralizer). Add garlic, zucchini, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to the pan and cook for about 7 minutes, until zucchini is tender. There will probably be a fair amount of water that comes out of the zucchini, I like to use a turkey baster, or spoon, to discard as much of the water as I can.
- Next, add the spaghetti noodles, tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Stir until everything is combined and then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on the top. Place the pan into the oven and bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, 10 – 15 mins.
- Top with fresh basil if desired and enjoy while hot!
Reciep from She Likes Food